Wednesday, July 18 2018
- To provide quality veterinary medical care and environmental enrichment programs for all animals, representing nine different species.
- To provide guidance for regulatory compliance issues related to animal-based research.
- To provide comprehensive animal research support through scientific consultation with investigators and medical/surgical care to the research animal colony.
- To conduct training for laboratory animal techniques and animal handling workshops for investigators, research support staff, veterinary staff, and animal care personnel.
- To train military veterinarians chosen by a selection board for the DoD Laboratory Animal Medicine Residency Training Program.
- The WRAIR maintains Animal Welfare Assurance #A4117-01 from the National Institutes of Health (NIH) Office of Laboratory Animal Welfare (OLAW).
The assurance was last approved on 30 July 2010.
- CAP (College of Pathology) certified internationally.
- The WRAIR's Animal Care and Use program remains fully accredited by AAALAC, International since its initial accreditation in June 1995.
- Implemented the new Animal Management Systems (AMS). This program is designed to manage animals from arrival to departure. This system streamlines
the protocol submission and approval process and provides billing information to investigators and aids in the preparation of annual reports.
To read more about Veterinary Services Program, click here
Last Modified Date: 09-September-2016