The Gorgas Memorial Library (GML) serves WRAIR and NMRC, supporting innovation to improve the lives of Service Members at home and abroad. We provide timely, seamless access to relevant resources, regardless of the original format or location. GML resources and services are available to scientists and staff located in Silver Spring and in the associated overseas labs.
Hours: Monday through Friday 07:30 to 16:30. Patrons with a keycard may access the library at any time.
Address: 503 Robert Grant Ave, Silver Spring, Maryland, 20910
Visitor Information: External personnel must receive permission prior to visiting the library.
GML's Lib Guide and EZ Proxy
As of 2020, all content that was previously on this page has been moved to the GML LibGuide. The LibGuide is accessible to all users associated with WRAIR and NMRC. Bookmark the LibGuide to obtain the latest information on library resources, services, trainings, forms to request Interlibrary Loan and literature searches, and other topics of interest.
For users working from home, while traveling, or at one of our overseas facilities, an EZ Proxy user ID and password will be required to access our subscriptions (i.e. full-text journal articles, databases, and other e-resources behind a paywall). To request login credentials, please fill out the EZ Proxy Access Request form. Please note that you must have cookies enabled on your browser for EZ Proxy to work. Be aware too that when using EZ Proxy while on a VPN, you may experience lag times in loading web pages. You do not need EZ Proxy credentials to access and view the GML LibGuide.
Housed in the Gorgas Memorial Library, the archives at the Walter Reed Army Institute of Research include unique, historical material related to the history of the institute, including the critical early research of overseas laboratories, photographs, and working papers of selected key military and civilian researchers and scientists who have made noteworthy contributions to WRAIR efforts.
A list of Archival Finding Aids is available below:
- Record of the Armed Forces Epidemiological Board, 1941-1992
- Records of the Army Medical Research Program on Malaria 1963-1979
- Records of the Migratory Animal Pathological Survey, 1963-1973
- George W. Hunter III Papers
- Joseph E. Smadel Papers
- Records of the Council of Federal Nursing Services, 1943-1983
- Records of the SEATO Medical Research Laboratory, Thailand, 1955-2013
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Team (WRAIR) Vietnam, 1963-1983
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Unit, Belem, 1971-1979
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Unit, Brasilia, 1971-1999
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Unit, Europe, 1945-2015
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Unit, Kenya, 1969-1999
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Unit, Malaysia, 1952-1989
- Records of the United States Army Medical Research Unit, Panama, 1959-1976
- Records of the United States Army Surgical Research Team (WRAIR), Japan, 1968-1969
- Records of the United States Army Tropical Research Medical Laboratory, Puerto Rico, 1950-1966
- Records of the United States Medical Research and Development Project, Uganda 1959-1969
- Theodore E. Woodward Papers, 1943-1995