As research at WRAIR progresses to prevent, detect and treat COVID-19 infection, it is also important to recognize the significant behavioral health toll brought upon by this crisis. WRAIR is working in concert with the U.S. Army Medical Research and Development Command as part of the whole of United States government response to overcome the disease.
This impact can be felt in a wide range of diverse groups: medical care providers on the front lines, struggling to cope with the influx of new cases; leaders trying to maintain morale and productivity in now-geographically disparate teams; workers struggling to adapt to the new realities of teleworking from home or individuals concerned about the health and safety of themselves and their families amidst the outbreak.
Building on decades of experience in the field of sleep and performance, psychiatry, neuroscience and more, WRAIR scientists developed a range of checklists and other resources to help support behavioral health and well-being.
- Return to Workplace Quick Guide for Leaders
- Rapid Peer-Based Management of Acute Stress Reactions (iCOVER MED)
- Stress Mitigation Checklist for Leaders
- Sleep Checklist for Healthcare Workers and First Responders
- Sleep Checklist for Leaders
- Fatigue Management Strategies for Shift Workers
- Mindfulness Quick Guide